Owner and Data Controller
Metaspace Technologies Private Limited, B2, Sector 4, Noida, INDIA, 201301
Contact email: [email protected]
Types of Data Collected
Among the types of Data that Metaspace collects are Anonymized Identifiers and Anonymized Usage Data.
Mode and Place of Processing the Data
Methods of Processing
The Metaspace takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT-enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Metaspace, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of Metaspace (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Metaspace. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Metaspace at any time.
Legal Basis of Processing
The Metaspace may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations, Metaspace may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without relying on consent or any other legal bases. This, however, does not apply whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Metaspace is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Metaspace;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, Metaspace will gladly help clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, particularly whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed by Metaspace software on user devices. There is no user-specific data that is processed on servers that can identify the user. The users' Anonymized Usage Data is processed on the offices and premises as well as cloud setups managed by Metaspace. Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Metaspace to safeguard their Data.
Anonymized Usage Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose for which they have been collected. Furthermore, Metaspace may be obliged to retain Anonymized Usage Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Anonymized Usage Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification, and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
The Purposes of Processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow Metaspace to provide its Services and for the following purposes: Analytics, Tag Management, Registration, and authentication, Displaying content from external platforms, and Traffic optimization and distribution.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Anonymized Usage Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Anonymized Usage Data
Anonymized Usage Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable Metaspace to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to optimize software.
Registration and Authentication
By registering or authenticating, Users allow Metaspace to identify them and give them access to dedicated services. Third parties may provide registration and authentication services depending on what is described below. In this case, Metaspace will be able to access some Data (that it will not store), by these third-party services for registration or identification purposes.
Google OAuth (Google LLC)
Google OAuth is a registration and authentication service provided by Google LLC and is connected to the Google network.
This type of service helps the Owner manage the tags or scripts needed on Web3Auth in a centralized fashion. This results in the Users' Data flowing through these services, potentially resulting in the retention of this Data.
Google Tag Manager (Google LLC)
Google Tag Manager is a tag management service provided by Google LLC.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Anonymized Usage Data.
Traffic Optimization and Distribution
This type of service allows Metaspace to distribute its content using servers across different countries and optimize its performance. Which Personal Data are processed depends on the characteristics and the way these services are implemented. Their function is to filter communications between Metaspace and the User's browser. Considering the widespread distribution of this system, it is difficult to determine the locations to which the contents that may contain Personal Information User are transferred.
Cloudflare (Cloudflare Inc.)
Cloudflare is a traffic optimization and distribution service provided by Cloudflare Inc. Cloudflare is integrated by filtering all the traffic through Metaspace, i.e., communication between Metaspace and the User's browser, while also allowing analytical data from Metaspace to be collected
The Rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Metaspace. In particular, Users have the right to do the following if they can identify their Anonymized Data. Much of this exists for the right of the user but may not be technically enforceable by Metaspace as Personal Data is not stored:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to processing their Anonymized Data.
- Object to processing of their DataUsers have the right to object to processing their Personal Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if the Owner is processing any form of Personal Data, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Personal Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Under certain circumstances, Users have the right to restrict their Data processing. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of, or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
How to Exercise These Rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Anonymized Usage Data may be used for legal purposes by Metaspace in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of Metaspace or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that the Metaspace may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional Information About User's Anonymized Usage Data
System Logs and Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, Metaspace and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with Metaspace (System logs) and use other Usage Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not Contained in this Policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Anonymized Usage Data may be requested from the Metaspace at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” Requests are Handled
Metaspace automatically respects “Do Not Track” requests as we do not store any user Personal Data. Please read their privacy policies to determine whether any third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Metaspace shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Definitions and Legal References
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Data is used to identify unique accounts, including third-party authentication token IDs and randomized strings.
Anonymized Usage Data
Information collected automatically through Metaspace (or third-party services employed in Metaspace), which can include the IP addresses or device type of the computers utilized by the Users who use Metaspace, the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
The individual using Metaspace who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of processing Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of Metaspace. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of Metaspace.
Metaspace (or this Application)
The means by which the Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by Metaspace is described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Small sets of data are stored in the User's device.